- Built 30+ shelves.
- Built 7 bunk beds.
- Painted the shoe shelves.
- Painted the mini lodge interior.
- Working on the beverage counters.
- Painted both mobile home interiors.
- Installed new beverage counter lights.
- Painted the upstairs lodge - "staff" side.
- Added equipment to our archery range.
- Many, many, (many) hours spent making ice.
- New flooring in the upstairs lodge washrooms.
- Making a new Nine Square game - thanks John!
- Working on a new guest group orientation video.
- Painting the boot rooms and hallways in the lodge.
- Installing an en-suite door into the guest washroom.
- Installed a permanent video projector in the Heritage Room.
- Shoveled snow. Lot's of snow. More snow than we wanted to shovel!
- Renovated the Creative Arts Building. (CAB) Including some new shelving, painting the floors and the walls.
- Continued work on The Fort. Took down scaffolding, cut down two trees in preparation for finishing this spring.
As I look at this list I'm thankful for our staff working hard to keep Camp Evergreen looking good and moving forward. A BIG thanks to Rolf as his hand was pretty much in every project! We would like to finish these projects and if time and resources allow reach a little higher by starting a few more projects. You can help us by making a donation to ministry expansion.
June 23rd. I'll stop blogging for a minute while you get out your calendar.
Did you find it? It's the second last Saturday in June, right between the 22nd and the 24th. Go ahead and put Camp Evergreen Annual General Meeting in your phone/ipad/calander. I'll wait for you.
June 23rd is our AGM, the perfect way to support Camp Evergreen and check out all the new projects. I look forward to seeing you there.
And where does the blog word of the week fit in? We're talking about none other than Ken's Uncle Ben VanHaga! Uncle Ben is Ken's mom's younger brother, number 7 out of 10 siblings to be exact. Uncle Ben helped us out by donating his truck to deliver hay. On behalf of our horses - thanks Uncle Ben!
And thank you for your continued support.
Bob "Ranger" Kroeker